PSHE and RSE
PERSONAL, SOCIAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION INCLUDING RELATIONSHIPS AND SEX EDUCATION
At Cherry Grove, our aim is to equip our pupils with the essential skills for life. Our PSHE curriculum not only encourages our pupils to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society but also helps them to understand how they grow and change personally, socially and emotionally. Our curriculum coverage is a vital tool in preparing children for life, both in society now and in the future.
Statutory RSE is taught at Cherry Grove. Please see our termly newsletter and FAQ document for further information.
Knowledge: Our pupils will learn about aspects of social, moral, spiritual and cultural life that help them become well-rounded citizens. They will also develop the knowledge of when and how they can ask for help
Skills: PSHE and Citizenship aims to cover a wide range of the social and emotional aspects of learning, enabling children to develop their identity and self-esteem as active, confident citizens.
Experiences: Children will have a wide range of experiences across the entire curriculum that develop them socially, morally, spiritually and culturally. These include visiting museums, places of worship and having visitors in school that increase awareness of issues such as road safety.
Careful curriculum planning ensures that our pupils build on existing knowledge and skills over the course of their Cherry Grove learning journey. This leads to better understanding, knowledge retention and engagement.
Understanding Relationships and Health Education in your child's primary school : A guide for parents
- Being My Best Newsletter Summer 2023
- PSHE Being My Best newsletter Summer 2022
- PSHE Growing and Changing Newsletter Summer 2022 Term 2
- PSHE Growing and Changing Newsletter Summer 2021
- PSHE Keeping Myself Safe newsletter Spring 2022
- PSHE Keeping Myself Safe Spring 1 2023
- PSHE Me and My Relationships newsletter September 2022 docx 1
- PSHE Rights and Responsibilities Newsletter Spring 2023
- PSHE Valuing Difference newsletter Autumn 2021
- PSHE Valuing Differences Autumn 2 2022
- pshe long term 2 year plan docx
- rse parents faq docx